Here are six things for you and your coworkers to know this week.
- SPFT members be receiving ballots for SPFT’s leadership elections in the mail. Ballots are due back to the SPFT office at the April Membership Meeting (April 23, 2018). You can mail them back, give them to your steward, or drop them off by the SPFT office. If you have any questions, contact SPFT’s Secretary, Becky McCammon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Are you an EA or SCSP who wants to learn more about your union? A group of EAs and SCSPs is hosting a Get to Know SPFT event on April 24th at SPFT (23 Empire Dr) starting at 6:00pm. RSVP here.
- Next Saturday, April 21, SPFT’s COPE Committee will be holding an open screening for candidates running in the Ward 4 city council special election. The screening runs from 3:00pm to 5:00pm and is open to the public. RSVP here. You can read there responses to our questionnaire here.
- Are you interested in partnering with families and trying a new approach to parent teacher conferences? Attend training this summer for Academic Parent Teacher Teams (APTT)! Sign up on PDExpress and contact Hannah Pierson (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
- According to the District’s Human Resources Department, here are the dates for salary and benefit changes:
- 4/13 – Changes in Benefit Contributions
- 4/27 – Changes in Salary Levels
- 5/11 – Retro Pay Distributed
- Human Resources has informed SPFT that principals will communicate probationary teacher non-renewals and building position cuts on Friday 4/27. We have some basic information on our website that you can share with colleagues who have questions.
Read the rest of the weekly email here.